Author Topic: Long subject headers and sender names not displaying on inbox  (Read 2708 times)

Offline Bartmanblues

Long subject headers and sender names not displaying on inbox
« on: October 18, 2011, 05:31:03 AM »
Hi, can anyone suggest a solution to this issue please?

My wife and I have email accounts for her company and use Roundcube. On her emails only, any emails that have overly long subject headings or a long name for the sender do not display in the inbox and instead are replaced by "..." at the end which is very annoying since one cannot preview who the sender is or what the email is about. They display fine on the preview pane and once you go into that individual email.

This does NOT happen on my emails, though she uses her emails a lot more than I do, maybe that has something to do with it because apparently it's only begun to happen recently (the last couple of weeks, the email account has been active for at least 6 months).

I've had a look around all the options settings I can find and there doesn't seem to be anything obvious to adjust.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 05:51:31 AM »
I guess you have just upgraded to FF7, if you upgrade your RC to version 0.6 then it will display the text properly.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Bartmanblues

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:17:36 AM »
Thanks for your reply - a great help.

Yes you're right I have Firefox 3.6.23 on my PC but she has 7.0.1 on hers. I opened the emails on her PC using IE and they previewed fine.

I couldn't find a link for RC 0.6 though - can you push me in the right direction? I tried here: Mozilla Firefox Web Browser but it implies 7.0.1 is the latest version.

Thanks again for your help. Chris.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 06:30:06 AM »
You need to update your RoundCube install to 0.6. You can download it here: Roundcube - Free webmail for the masses and the upgrade instructions are here: Howto_Upgrade

Offline Bartmanblues

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »
Thanks very much!