Author Topic: How can I change the subject of received emails  (Read 2969 times)

Offline jon car

How can I change the subject of received emails
« on: October 19, 2011, 09:30:15 PM »
I am not sure if this has been covered, but I would like to be able to change the subject of the emails in my inbox. I receive a ton of emails and many come with generic subjects (Hi, hello, etc.) I would like to make the subject more specific, so I don't have later to click again on the email to find out what's inside.
Is there a plugin or any other method to do that?
Thanks for your help

Offline ABerglund

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
No, I've never heard of anything like that. The edit would have to take place on the mail server, and I can't think of any IMAP servers that support that. Indeed, for organizations like mine that are subject to email archiving and retention regulations, editing any part of an existing message is expressly forbidden.
Arne Berglund
SysAdmin, Internet Services
Lane Education Service District
Eugene, OR, USA

Offline jon car

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
Thanks for your answer. Still, if nobody has tackled this, maybe someone should. Maybe by adding another field in the header, and giving us the ability to change that - keeping the old  email intact - and then allowing us to list whichever field we chose in the inbox information. Something like a tag for emails. I haven't seen it either, but I'm sure it would be very useful.

Offline rokco

Re: How can I change the subject of received emails
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 09:01:55 AM »
Hi!

sorry to hijack this rather old topic but i would like to second this.

i am able to change the subject while using mutt imap client so i see no reason why this should not be possible through roundcube also.

thanks.
rokco