Author Topic: Feature to allow remote images from specific domains  (Read 5273 times)

Offline Tidosho

Feature to allow remote images from specific domains
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:04:13 PM »
First of all, I LOVE RoundCube, it is THE BEST free webmail, and it actually surpasses GMail, especially in the Shift+Up/Down select message gesture, I find that really useful deleting junk after a search.

Now for my feature request. I notice how you can only accept all remote images, not at all, or ask. I feel Roundcube should have a feature like GMail does where you can allow remote images from specific domains when you open a message with remote images, and it will remember the domains you allow via records in the database. I understand we'd need another table, such as "allowed_remote_image_domains", that I could do myself, but it's actually coding the PHP that gets me as I'm not advanced in PHP enough to do it, and to edit the Javascript message that you click allow on, to add the "Always allow images from "domain.com". The SQL code I might be able to manage with a little research.

At the moment I have my system on Ask, for security reasons, but everytime I or another of my staff log in I have to keep allowing. This feature if implemented would improve productivity greatly. Plus, if RC ever has an admin panel we could add a domain whitelist and blacklist area to administer what is in the database already, and to mass-add domains to either black or whitelist via comma separated text files or XML/CSV.

I'm now using this as my company webmail for my PC & consumer electronics repair company, all staff absolutely love it. I love the modern look and feel, as opposed to Squirrelmail's basic 90's HTML interface, Javascript makes interfaces so much smoother, flashier and modern.

On my next payday, I'm donating, you betcha :) If I could launch a competition company to Google, you guys would be my frontend!