Author Topic: Is here any people can teach me more about programming....!?  (Read 46752 times)

Offline owenhau

Is here any people can teach me more about programming....!?
« on: December 20, 2006, 12:39:56 AM »
 :-[
I just know some of PHP and SQL script (only in mysql, basically...select,update,insert......)

I want to learn PHP...
I want to learn C++...
I want to learn Java...
I want to learn ....Orz

Offline bugler

Re: Is here any people can teach me more about programming....!?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 02:21:20 PM »
Why do you want to learn both c++ & java?

I think each is difficult enough so why not concentrate on just one?

The best way to learn is develop. So choose a language. download (or buy) some good books about it and download (or buy) an IDE (a development tool ) and start developing a small application.

good luck.

Offline gysmo

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:39:41 PM »
Have you some advice about an IDE for AJAX?

Maybe thomas can said to us what IDE he use? ;)

Offline jrmy

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:08:56 AM »
I would recommend starting off with a good C++ book. Personally I think Java, PHP, etc are poor languages to start off in because they abstract too much from the programmer. Then again I started with C++ so I am probably bias.

As for an AJAX development environment as far as I know there really isn't a full IDE for that. Depending on what library I am using, I either use TextMate (usually for RoR with prototype) or eclipse (mostly for PHP with MochiKit).

Really all you need in a text editor with Javascript syntax highlighting and firefox with the javascript debugger installed.

Offline Florianer

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 02:39:52 AM »
Hi,
during my studies I have learned c++/java/mysql. I am familiar with html, JS, CSS and I am interested in helping to develop the calendar plug in, 'cause I like it and want some more functions. Now I going to learn AJAX autodidactic. Therefor, I maybe can give you a book advice.

Head Rush Ajax
Brett McLaughlin
O'REILLY
ISBN: 0-596-10225-9
US $39.99 / CAN $55.99

Ajax - von Kopf bis Fuß
Brett McLaughlin
Deutsche Ãœbersetzung von Sascha Kersken
O'REILLY
ISBN: 3-89721-469-5
Deutschland: 43,90€

They are working with many pic, repeating information in different ways... as far as I have read this book (OK, at least, I am in chapter 2 :o) ), this book is quite good.
As an IDE, if you like to call it so, I use Macromedia Dreamweaver... well... now its Adobe Dreamweaver.

Quote from: owenhau
I want to learn PHP...
I want to learn C++...
I want to learn Java...
I want to learn ....Orz

PHP is for web.
C++ for Desktop apps
Java... well ;)
Sorry, Orz I never heard off...
These languages are for different purposes. What do you like to program? PHP and JS are powerful languages. They both get the point of object orientated programming. Well, the syntax looks sometimes a bit strange compared to C++, but don't mind...

And I second buglers' statement, not to learn both languages and focus therefor at one. C++ and Java are similar, but have differences that can you quite confuse a bit... Everytime we have to switch between these two languages in study, I need my time in programming to totally switch in mind... what the specific syntax is...

hope, that helps a bit...
Florian
it\'s not a bug - it\'s a feature

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 03:03:40 AM »
I know html/css/php/mysql, I am familiar with html, JS, AJAX, Flash. I do all of my coding by hand, one of the best web sites to learn coding from is http://w3schools.com/

Offline Keller

Is here any people can teach me more about programming....!?
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 06:04:56 PM »
Quote from: skaero;7623
I know html/css/php/mysql, I am familiar with html, JS, AJAX, Flash. I do all of my coding by hand, one of the best web sites to learn coding from is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

Thank you for the link.

Offline LoganWilliamsq

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2018, 04:21:20 PM »
Can someone help me to understand c++?