Author Topic: Help with creating a new Webmail address...  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Andy Jones

Help with creating a new Webmail address...
« on: June 06, 2017, 11:19:17 AM »
Hi everyone, first of all my apologies if my question isn't applicable to this forum, I'm in a real bind right now and don't know where else to turn.

Long story short I've been roped into doing some freelance work for a friend's website, and a part of that requires me to keep on top of their emails. They threw the addresses and passwords my way and left me to it basically. They have two email addresses, both of which are registered under the same domain. I have no knowledge of how these were set up, it wasn't my friend who set them up in the first place (they hired a site builder who has since become sporadic in their replies to our queries). Anyway, upon logging into either account at the site: https://zeus10.easy-internet.co.uk:2096/ I can see that Roundcube is the client being used. Now my friend has asked me to create another email account under the same custom domain, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this. Maybe I'm just being incredibly dense about this and the answer is staring me in the face, but either way I'm totally stuck.

Just some background information, I have had no experience whatsoever before with this kind of work. I've worked with computers all my life, and am an avid enthusiast of the hardware side of things, and while I can usually work my way around a software related problem with enough time, I'm completely stuck here. I've never created custom email domains before, or been left with the responsibility of looking after a business's emails. I'm definitely not the one for this job but my friends budget is tight and I'm the only help he's got until he can afford to hire a professional to sort this out.

So, herein lies my predicament. I need to create a new email account under the custom domain with no prior knowledge on how it was done the first time, or how to use these sites and software packages. HELP?

Offline alec

Re: Help with creating a new Webmail address...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »
Roundcube is just a mail client, you don't create accounts there. But I see there's cPanel too and that's the place to look for creating new accounts.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:42:09 PM »
You seem to only have access to the cPanel webmail interface (which is on port 2096), you need to be able to login to the main cPanel (port 2083) in order to add new email accounts. The cPanel is most likely a username / password combo not a email / password combo, it could be the same one you use for FTP.

Offline Andy Jones

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 07:13:07 AM »
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I'll go take a look at cPanel and see what I can find out then.